Wednesday, October 7, 2015

VAGINALLUFTWAFFE 6 (2014)




November 2014, 50/A4, hand-numbered, xeroxed, Polish, interviews: ANATOMIA, NECROIST, BOKLUK, DENOUNCEMENT PYRE, ENERGUMEN, INNSMOUTH, SARTEGOS, SADOMATOR, W.A.I.L., BLOODY VENGEANCE.

This is my first meeting with this zine, although its name has been known for several years to me. This title was reviewed oftentimes in the underground press, yet Vaginalluftwaffe hasn’t been at the top of the tree. At least I decided to give it a chance and ordered a copy. So, according to its name, mix of woman anatomy and engineering idea landed on my desk without any problem. And what about the first impression? This machine doesn’t look good: poor work on the cover made me think about my daughter making such a picture, however with some pink Shetland ponies… Ok, let’s dip into this zine and… yes, everything is just better. I am invited by nice hail goatfuckers! , then Pawel takes me to the… bygone times. Yes, all layout looks pretty old-school, with cut’n’paste method, not diving into visual chaos luckily. Unfortunately interviews haven’t been preceded by any words of editor, although Vaginalluftwaffe doesn’t deal with poor or shitty chat, what is more, it is always good to mention others who didn’t answer at all. And with those the best ones I would like to point out Innsmouth, Denouncement Pyre, Anatomia and Sartegos (pretty popular crew in UG press). From the other hand W.A.I.L. is saying about “United Aryan Evil” as one of the greatest masterpiece (?!) coming out of Poland. I have just felt from my chair laughingly! Generally speaking Pawel provided interesting questions, sometimes non-musical, yet it seems the whole is permeated by the Lovecraft immortal spirit. I liked it a lot! What else? Simple layout, modest look with some nice gore fairy stories, it makes me flowing quite smoothlythrough the pages. Some tiny misprint occurred, one is really interesting with conjunction “i” (in English ‘and’) that is capitalized often.

If the review section is concerned, I have been just bowed down with large quantity: 207 reviews of music and 54 (!) of press! It was a real treat to confront the whole text. Pawel didn’t minced maters and show immediate, straight-forward point of his view, like a machete in virgin jungle. Even many reviews explodes with a huge dose of enthusiasm, there are very critical shots as well. In addition I found few live reports (but here I would prefer to read in more ‘detailed account’ vein). The last thing, maybe in incomplete form, the Cotard delusion has been described. I realize Vaginalluftwaffe doesn’t pretend being a pathopsychology manual, yet it would be really cool to read about such cases on metal scene. Depressive black metal? Yeah, did I hit the mark? All right, to cut the thing short: good interesting read, in defiance of editor’s words about zines and bakery, he baked good garlic bread. Nourishing, salubrious and tastable. 


cold666@tlen.pl
 
8,2/10
-Tlacaxipehualiztli

(written in October, 2015)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment