Sunday, March 18, 2018

HAEMORRHAGE - Live Carnage: Feasting on Maryland (2013)


Baltimore Festers

It took me three long years to get this title to torture my gramophone. There were always another things to purchase, yet I didn't lose my favourite gore pathologists and their live performance from my radar. Yes, browsing Haemorrhage large discography, „Live Carnage” becomes the first proper live piece released on black wax, not counting „Grind over Europe” split from 1996 and „The Kill Sessions” executed live, but in Cata Studios. Anyway, no matter what kind of the release is, the new stuff extracted by these Spaniards is a big affair for me.

The note from the gatefold clearly declares: sound taken directly from the soundboard, no mix, no effects, no edits... this is Haemorrhage in its rawest form. And I agree with that in a full extent. Recorded at Maryland Deathfest X in Baltimore, 2012, it provides really crude murderous tune exclusively. Maybe sometimes, in guitar raging conflagration, drums disappear for a short while, on the other hand, bass lines sound fantastic, especially in „Hospital Thieves” and „911 (Emergency Slaughter)”. As for track list, it's obvious the band was promoting their last album „Hospital Carnage” at the time and the first strike consisting of three tracks comes from it. Although there are eleven tracks only, each album has its own representative, pity that my beloved „Anatomical Inferno” has merely closing „I'm a Pathologist” flagship song... Pretty interesting is fact that they shortened „Deranged for Loathsome” keeping the first slow part only, then becoming imperceptibly another song, very short „Putrescent Necromorphism”. Well, I don't think they wanted to have any ballad, yet it seems to be a breather for wrecked audience.

This is just great as it delivers me everything I expect from such a release: eleven gore highlights bathed in sonic pathological madness, with no needless introductions, just pure musical bloodbath I have known for twenty years. And of course with classic question to the maniacs: „How many pathologists...?”. Do I need more to enjoy the music in general? No. 28 minutes runs extremely fast, curt words on the end „see you next time good people” and the carnage is done. So let's face it once again as I've been a pathologist since „Grume” old times. Simple.

85/100
-Tlacaxipehualiztli

(written in March, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment